Junior astronaut class
From 6 to 8 years old. Three days in an astronaut's shoes. The space activities are supervised by teachers seconded to Euro Space Society by the Ministry for Education, Arts and Letters of the French-speaking Community of Belgium.
During three days, your class will have the opportunity to test the Moonwalk and Marswalk simulators as well as the manual multi-axis chair which simulates the disorientation astronauts may experience in space. Students also take part in scientific experiments which highlight the behaviour of the human body in space. A planetarium session to see what can be seen in the sky that day and a workshop to build a 3D constellation are also included.
Complete programme available on request.
Simulates the disorientation that may be experienced in a space capsule. The multi-axis chair is standard training for astronauts.
The children connect numbers to draw a constellation. The stars are made using “Fimo Air” modelling clay in which they put toothpicks. The "stars" are then dipped in fluorescent paint and placed on a polystyrene board.
Guided tour of the American space shuttle (actual size)
What does the flight deck look like? How does it take off? What was its purpose (satellites, laboratories, ISS construction, etc.)? How does it come back to Earth?
Regain your energy at the Space Resto !
- During your stay, 4 daily meals are planned in self-service.
- During your excursion, you can eat a hot meal on site or a picnic with the purchase of one beverage per person (€1.80 for elementary and high school classes / €1.30 for kindergarten classes).
- All meals will be taken at the Euro Space Center restaurant (2 dining areas - seating for 200).
- The meals can be modified according to your cultural habits and for any allergies or food intolerances (at an extra cost).
- Menus are available on request.
A night in weightlessness
Take advantage of Euro Space Center’s facilities and live your entire stay in a space setting.
- During your stays, the Euro Space Center provides you spacious rooms.
- The Center has 205 beds in 24 rooms on three floors.
- Each room can accommodate up to 10 people and has a shower, 2 sinks and a toilet.
Thèmes, tarifs et réservations
Junior astronaut class
3 days part-time
From 6 to 8 years old
Available all year long on reservation
JUNIOR ASTRONAUT CLASS
|3 days / 2 nights||Part-time|
Low season: September and December
Mid-season: August, October, November, January and February
High season: March, April, May, June and July
A free accompanying person with 12 participants. Each additional accompanying person: €31.00/day (EU) or €41.00/day (Non-EU). Each extra night on arrival and departure: €31.00/day (EU) or €41.00/day (Non-EU)
These prices are “all in” - 4 meals a day.
Conditions of partial cancellation:
In case of absence of some of the participants on the first day of the camp without any earlier warning at least 30 days before the beginning of the camp, there will be no refunding of the paid amounts and the total amount calculated on the initially planned numbers will be billed. The only exceptional circumstances which justify a reimbursement are death of a close family member on presentation of a death certificate or sickness justified with a medical certificate.